Welcome to PlaaPlaaPlaa!

So you may be wondering why PlaaPlaaPlaa? What are those strange fish symbols above? What is ปลา and what does it mean? In short, this is a blog site, so surely there's going to be plenty of rambling. Unfortunately BlahBlahBlah was already taken, so I had to settle for the 'Plaa'. But there's actually more to it then just ramblings. The first fish symbol is actually a Christian symbol meaning ICTHUS - a greek acronymn which means "Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour". The other strange letters you see in the last fish is actually the thai word for fish which funnily enough is pronounced "Plaa". So when you put it all together, this site is going to be my ramblings in telling people about how Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour in Thailand (with plenty of good stories about food in between). Happy reading.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Wedding, Mission & War

It's a been a pretty full on month for me with all sorts of music practices for special church services, a massive combined churches in Chiang Mai service, my good friends Mayz and Boom's wedding, plus the usual weekly music practices. I feel like I had over 50 songs to learn and practice over this past month alone! I was so thankful that my friends have left their keyboard at my place while waiting for their house to get finished otherwise music at the wedding would've been interesting.

So for the wedding, I thought I'd be a sport and not only follow the pink and white theme of the wedding, but also wear a dress. Yes you read it right, a dress!! And not only was a dress, it was a PINK DRESS with polka dots at that!! I know that there are many who have been hanging to see some pics of me in the dress, so I figure, if you're good enough to come check out my blog, then you deserve some kind of reward. So here are a few goes, here are few pics of me at the wedding....


Muso shot - with Word

    With Boom & Mayz

With some of the gals from church

Me and Boom, and a partly pink wedding outfit?

So there you have it.... Definite once in a lifetime!!

This morning, we had our annual church mission trip. Rather than go to a hill tribe village, or somewhere out of town, we thought we'd do a medical mission in the area of our new church building as a way to meet some of the neighbours and build some relationships with them. There probably wasn't quite the same amount of advertising that we'd do back home, but a bit of spontaneous door knocking of the area soon had quite a few people come along. After doing a bit of door knocking, I ended up helping to distribute medicine.

thankfully some of them were harmless - like vitamin C

Counting out the tablets

People coming along to get checked

Em sharing the gospel with 3 neighbours

Even though we won't be able to move into the new church til late next year, it was nice to be able to get to know the area a bit better, and who knows what will eventuate from today's opportunity to practically give to the community and to share the gospel with them.

Whilst tiring at times, all the extra music practices this past month have been great as it's meant that I've had a chance to spend lots more time with the church worship team and get to know some of them better. Here's the combined churches meeting that we had to play for recently.

Combined churches meeting, about 14 churches joined together to worship God. 
Here's our worship team leading the music for the day - me on the drums in the background

Tonight, we decided to have a social after our music practice which ended up as dinner at my place which turned into a spontaneous nerf wars with live music to go. Everyone had a great time. Times like that that I'm so thankful for my place and the ability to just have people over over.

Dinner before the 'war'















It's nice just to be able to be spontaneous and have random times together. Ended up videoing the nerf wars, so here's a quick clip of it.




For those who pray:
- Praise God for sustaining me through this month
- Praise God for ongoing relationship building. Pray for continued wisdom in relationship building
- Praise God for the recent mission trip. Pray that God will continue to bring people back to himself
- Pray for the church building project and required funds to finish it